Fourteen percent of the U.S. population is now foreign born thanks mostly to record-high illegal border crossings, according to a new report that paints a damning picture of immigration under President Biden.
This is the Biden crisis the mainstream media isn’t talking about.
In April, the total foreign-born population in the U.S. hit an all-time high of 47 million, per the Wednesday analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies.
The immigration restrictionist think thank uncovered several other eye-popping numbers in the latest Current Population Survey by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- 2 MILLION: The number by which the U.S foreign born population grew in the first 16 months of Biden’s presidency, a rate twice that of the native population.
- 66%: The percentage of the new immigrants who came to the U.S. illegally, numbering 1.35 million.
- 11.6 MILLION: The total number of illegal immigrants living in America in April, per CIS’ estimate.
- 14.3%: The ratio of the U.S. population born abroad, unseen in 112 years.
THE BIDEN FACTOR
After rolling back some of former President Trump’s hardline immigration policies, Biden has overseen an unprecedented surge of illegal immigration.
- The number of reported migrant encounters at the U.S.-Mexico border reached 234,088 in April, the most in the history of the Department of Homeland Security
Last week, a federal judge blocked the Biden administration from rescinding Title 42, a Trump-era policy that allows most migrants to be turned away at the border on public health grounds.
- But the Biden administration, under pressure from progressive activists, has pledged to appeal the ruling.
- In the meantime, the Border Patrol has been preparing for as many as 8,000 daily migrant encounters at the southern border, more than double the daily number of the 2019 surge under Trump.